Charlemont, MA Call us at: 413-339-8373
River flow is measured in cubic feet per second (cfs).
- 100 - 400 cfs: Very slow moving water (no rapids).
- 400 - 750 cfs: Gentle current - too slow to tube.
- 1000 - 1300 cfs: Quicker water - beware of potentially dangerous conditions. Life jacket only.
- 1300 - 1600 cfs: River access closed for tubers.
- The flow is usually between 800 and 900 cfs
Water is usually released from the dam on the upper Deerfield River Wednessday through Sunday althought this will vary with weather conditions.
The release time also varies although it is usually between 10:30 and 12 noon.
The time of the release is posted daily
Double click here to add text.
ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST!!
WEAR LIFE JACKET
DO NOT LITTER - LUG OUT WHAT U LUG IN
NO ALCOHOL ON OR NEAR RIVER (200FT)