Charlemont, MA Call us at: 413-339-8373
River flow is measured in cubic feet per second (cfs).
- 100 - 400 cfs: Very slow moving water (no rapids).
- 400 - 750 cfs: Gentle current - too slow to tube.
- 750 -1000 cfs Good flow - perfect conditions.
- 1000 - 1200 cfs: Quicker water - beware of potentially dangerous conditions. Life jacket only.
- 1200 - 1600 cfs: River access closed for tubers.
The tubing "put-in" is at the "Zoar picnic area" which is your starting point. Water is released from the Fife Brook Dam way upstream. It takes an average of two hours for the water to travel from the Dam to the "put-in". As an example, if the water is released from the dam at ten A.M. the water will not reach the "put-in" area until two hours later, or twelve o'clock.